Trident Academy Admissions Procedure
Trident Academy values each student’s gifts as an individual, regardless of socio-economic, racial, ethnic, and religious background. The school seeks students of above average to average intelligence, who have a diagnosed learning difference and an absence of emotional or behavioral issue that would negatively impact learning, to thrive in our environment.
Trident Academy reviews applications throughout the year. To assist the Admissions Committee in determining whether individual applicants meet the criteria of admissions for Trident Academy’s program, the following steps should be completed by March 1st if applying for the coming academic year.
- Return the completed Application Form to Trident Academy along with a non-refundable application fee of $150.00. Please attach a photograph of your child.
- Arrange for required testing or have current (within three years) test results sent to Trident Academy.
For rising First Graders – Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence or Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children IV.
- For rising Second Graders through Upper School – Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children IV or Woodcock-Johnson III Test of Cognitive Abilities and Woodcock Johnson Test of Achievement III or Wechsler Individual Achievement Test. See “Testing Procedures/Shadow Experience” insert for further details
- Request teacher recommendations:
- For applicants to Middle and Upper School, provide three confidential Reference Forms, one to the student’s current math teacher and one to the student’s language arts teacher and one to another recent teacher. Have them return the forms directly to Trident Academy.
- For applicants to the Lower School, provide one form to the child’s current teacher and one to another recent teacher and have them return the forms directly to Trident Academy.
- Complete Transcript Release Form: For applicants to Grade One and above, complete the Transcript Release Form requesting that the current school send a copy of the student’s transcript to Trident Academy. Send it to Trident Academy with the application.
- Complete the Release of Information form. Send it to Trident Academy with the application.
- Anticipate a Shadow Experience for your child to spend two days visiting Trident Academy in the current grade level. See Testing Procedures/Shadow Experience insert for further details.
- If Financial Assistance is desired, please see “Affording a Trident Academy Education” insert.
Trident Academy admits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, and does not discriminate in administration of financial aid or other administered programs.