Tuition Support Program Applications
Information for Families Applying for 2012-13 School Year Tuition Support
Thank you for your interest in Trident Academy for the 2012-13 school year. To be eligible for consideration for the Tuition Support Program, you must complete your Parents’ Financial Statement.
We use the School and Student Services (SSS) to process Tuition Support Program applications. Based on the financial information you provide in the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS), SSS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This estimate is a starting point to help us make fair and objective tuition support decisions. To begin your tuition support application for the 2012-13 school year, please follow the steps below. (You only have to complete one PFS, even if you have several children applying.)
TO COMPLETE THE PARENTS’ FINANCIAL STATEMENT (PFS) ONLINE
- Go to http://sss.nais.org/parents.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- You will set up a PFS Online account using your e-mail address and a password. Returning parents: If you completed an online PFS application last year, use your e-mail address and existing password. If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot my password.”
- Submit and pay for the PFS ($35). This fee is non-refundable.
TO COMPLETE A PAPER PARENTS’ FINANCIAL STATEMENT
- If you don’t already have a paper PFS form, call our Admissions Office at 843-884-3494 and request that one be mailed to you.
- Complete the PFS and return it with nonrefundable payment ($47) to SSS By NAIS, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449 USA. (For overnight mail: SSS By NAIS, 437 Turnpike Street, Canton, MA 02021.)
- The PFS comes with a Required Document Cover Sheet and a large envelope you can use to send in additional documents that we require.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS THAT WE REQUIRE
Our school requires that you submit to SSS online or by mail the following documents in addition to your completed PFS: Photocopy of signed 2011 1040 tax forms along with all supporting income and expense documentation. We must receive these documents by February 15, 2012 for returning students and March 1, 2012 for newly accepted students. (If applying for admissions after March 1st these documents must be submitted to SSS as you apply to the school to allow you to have tuition support information for your financial decision making.)
- To submit these documents online, go to the Manage Documents
in the PFS Online. There you can upload documents from your computer. Save each document separately in one of the following formats: Adobe Acrobat pdf, Microsoft Word, .jpg, or .tif. On the Manage Documents page, click on “Browse,” locate the document, then click on “Upload.”
- To submit these documents by mail, send one copy (not the original) of each document with a Required
Documents Cover Sheet to: SSS By NAIS, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449 USA. (For overnight mail: SSS By NAIS, Processing Center, 437 Turnpike Rd., Canton, MA 02021.)
Call SSS Customer Service at 800-344-8328 with any questions (M-F: 9am-8pm EST. Sat: 9am-4pm EST)