January 7, 2016
Happy New Year! As I reflect on the events of the past year, I cannot help but marvel at how
blessed I am. This time last year I was busy working with six students, helping them navigate
through their various school courses, homework, papers and exams. I was happy helping my
students. By April, everything had changed. I was asked to return to Trident Academy to help
lead the school. I was thrilled then and continue to love being back, working with outstanding
faculty and staff and getting to know and love our 43 amazing students.
As I look forward to more great things in 2016, I am confident of the following:
● Trident Academy remains the premier school in the lowcountry for students who learn
differently. No one in the area offers this intense OrtonGillingham educational program
specifically designed for the individual student.
● Trident Academy is growing! Please continue to spread the word; it is through you and
your stories that others come to know and understand the value we bring to students
who struggle in school.
● Trident Academy is more affordable thanks to the generous grants given through the
ECENC by Palmetto Kids First (PKF). Every family who applied to PKF received $10,000
toward this year’s tuition.
● Trident Academy is committed to helping students achieve academically, socially and
● Trident Academy faculty are willing to go the extra mile for their students, doing whatever
it takes to help our students achieve.
● Trident Academy students work hard!
In 2016 I resolve to:
● do everything in my power to increase awareness of the quality education offered at
● provide a safe and structured environment for our students.
● provide support to our teachers as they work tirelessly to help our students.
Please join me in helping make 2016 a great year for Trident Academy!