All students in the Language Enrichment and Development Program are tested at the beginning and end of each school year. LEAD faculty evaluate all students in the areas of decoding, phonemic awareness, fluency, spelling, reading comprehension and vocabulary and written expression.
When testing is complete results are compiled and discussed with the LEAD Director. Assignments may change as students are placed in LEAD classes according to their need. After discussion with the LEAD Director, individual goals for the first quarter are written for each student. The results from the testing and the goals are discussed with parents at the first parent conference of the school year.
- Phonological Awareness Test (PAT)
- Test of Recognition Efficiency (TOWRE)
- Test of Written Spelling (TWS)
- Gates-MacGinitie Reading Test (GMRT)
- Rapid Automatized Naming Test (RAN)