Members of the Trident Academy Parents Association (TAPA) met Thursday, October 1st, to discuss upcoming events and activities for our students and families. Sharon Stewart, a TAPA officer, convened the meeting and led the discussion. Many thanks to all who attended.
- The Fall Festival this year will be held on Friday, October 30th from 12:30-2:30 pm, and will be a school-wide dodge ball tournament, with teams competing for prizes. Light refreshments will be served.
- After a group discussion, it was decided to continue the wreath and greenery sale due to popular demand and convenience for our school family. Information on the sale will be forthcoming.
- There has been a conscious decision to limit product sales and other fundraisers so as not to “nickel and dime” our parents. We are looking at which fundraisers have the best return on investment (ROI) and will not be prohibitive time-wise for either volunteers or staff. Parents will shortly have an opportunity to make a gift directly to TAPA as well as participate in the school’s Annual Fund. Sales of PE clothes and cooler bags will be offered as more of a convenience rather than a fundraiser and parents may always opt out of these.
- TAPA will provide funding to support homeroom activities, so that Room Parent volunteers will not have to solicit other parents. Vicki White will be the point person on keeping Room Parents informed (thank you, Vicki). In addition, TAPA is addressing priority needs for the faculty and the school, beginning with purchasing books for individual classroom libraries as well as purchasing art supplies. We are working with our librarian in conjunction with the upcoming Book Fair and the teachers’ wish lists. A list of school priorities is currently being refined and will be shared with TAPA when completed.
- The Fall Oyster Roast will be held Friday, November 13th, from 6:00-8:00 pm, on the school campus. The adults-only event is hosted by TAPA; proceeds from the event go to TAPA in support of the school’s mission. Attending will be Trident Academy parents, alumni, faculty and staff, neighbors, and friends. Along with the oysters, there will be hot dogs and chili, and wine and beer, as well as soft drinks. You may purchase your tickets online or make a donation to event online.
- Many thanks to Dawn Powell for working with Snyder Rentals on tents and bar service.
- If you know of someone who may be interested in providing a corporate sponsorship for the event, please contact Joy Simpson in the Advancement Office.
How You Can Help
- Parent volunteers are still needed to help with the Thanksgiving Feast and other events throughout the year. Contact Sharon Stewart if you are interested in volunteering and would like to know more.
- Click here to purchase your tickets or to donate to TAPA’s Oyster Roast on Friday, November 13th. Contact Joy Simpson with any referrals or suggestions for corporate sponsors.
- Attend upcoming TAPA meetings as your schedule allows. See next meetings listed below. If your schedule does not allow for meetings, but you would like to volunteer, please contact Sharon Stewart to discuss volunteer opportunities.
Thursday, November 5th, 1:45pm
Tuesday, November 10th, 8:00am