The Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) shared their final report, officially stating that Trident Academy has been re-accredited by their organization and AdvancEd for the next 5 years. SAIS is the largest independent school accrediting organization in North America and accredits more than 360 schools in the U.S. The accreditation process is very rigorous and requires presentation of more than 200 documents.
A team representing SAIS made a site visit to our campus Jan. 26-28 to review Trident Academy’s self-study and compliance with required standards. The visiting team was composed of the following members:
Team Chair – Rich Wendlek, Head of School, Swift School, Roswell, GA
James Hutchins, Head of School, The Donoho School, Anniston, AL
Erika Senneseth, Assistant Head of School, Sandhills School, Columbia, SC
Sarah Stewart, Content & Member Engagement Manager, SAIS
Among the commendations from this group were:
- The collective passion for the mission by the leadership team and talented faculty who have created a child-centered educational setting that fosters a welcoming and supportive environment for all stakeholders.
- The recruitment of hardworking, dedicated teachers who use research-based curriculum and strategies to address the academic, social, and emotional needs of the student population.
- The Head of School and the leadership team for maintaining and further improving the high quality of the education a student at Trident [Academy] receives.
- The strong LEAD program using the Orton-Gillingham approach
- The development of the [autism] program with dedicated specialists addressing behavioral development, daily living skills, and academics, while maintaining a positive, productive learning environment.
The report went on to state that, “The visiting team found Trident Academy to be a vibrant institution focused on its mission and supported by stakeholders who share a common commitment to excellence. The school is a community of talented professionals, dedicated to serving student with learning differences. Meetings with various constituents reinforced the positive impact Trident Academy has on her students and families.”